Online Portfolio (WIP)



 

Portfolio



My career pathway is to be a digital studio designer. This kind of design studio focuses not only on one style of design but many different styles. It would also help me build different kinds of perspectives on digital design and I will gather many informative. I will be up to date with the current situations around the society and world as digital designers.

 

This kind of studio focuses mostly on digital based works displayed on an online platform. My online portfolio is made up of different kinds of projects I have worked on. It displays a variety of styles that are relatable and current.

 

It is very important to build a good portfolio when you're applying for a job. Your portfolio reflects your work and your creativity. This is how your potential clients can expect what you can do and cannot do. Moreover, a good portfolio will enable you to find good connections and yourself a job that is suitable for you (Jamie, 2013) .

 

These works in My Portfolio are made during my diploma years. It has helped me build a good portfolio with a variety of works. for this time's portfolio I have chosen a few weeks from my previous portfolio book. I also eliminated some of my works that I felt wasn't suitable for my online portfolio. This way I can get the job that I desire by building My Portfolio just for the type of designer I want to be.

 

When designing a portfolio, I believe that having a description to your project over case study shows that you can solve problems. Including real world projects will be beneficial for you as it is an event that has taken place. You must also make your portfolio easy to navigate as they're just viewers (Baker, 2016).




My Portfolio works previously compiled



Rough Sketches for Online Portfolio








Scroll through online portfolio. When clicked on the images, directed towards more information about the project. The online portfolio has elements that are used in my self branding to keep the consistency through out.



New Portfolio


Below i have attached the link to my portfolio website i designed for this subject. I learned so much in the making stages of the website as i have never really designed anything on the web. I am quite satisfied with how it turned out. All my works are in harmony. In the future i hope to make more designs on the web that are more efficient and user friendly.


https://aishaththuhufa.wixsite.com/portfolio

References

Jamie, 2013. The Importance Of A Portfolio For Designers. [Online]Available at: < http://www.designzbyjamz.com/the-importance-of-a-portfolio-for-designers/#:~:text=For%20a%20graphic%20designer%20or,work%20to%20the%20potential%20clients.&text=A%20good%20portfolio%20will%20enable,market%20and%20find%20a%20job.> [Accessed 11 November 2020]


Baker, E., 2016. 8 things to know about building a design portfolio. [Online] Available at:<  https://www.invisionapp.com/inside-design/building-a-design-portfolio/

> [Accessed 11 November 2020]

 


Comments